Summer is quickly approaching and so is the same dilemma as always. How do you keep your house cool inside whilst maintaining your views and privacy? One of the most popular solutions for this issue in Australia is the use of Roller Blinds. Fortunately, these are our specialty and below are a few helpful tips and tricks to help you pick the perfect blinds for your home.
Why Roller Blinds?
Our Roller Blinds are Australian made to withstand the harsh Australian elements and improve your home by:
– Reducing heat gain inside during the hot Australian summer
– Provides effective UV ray protection for furniture and flooring
– Maximizes your window views
– Reduces glare in living and media rooms where it is not wanted
Roller Blind Types
BAHA offer four different types of Roller Blinds that each are designed to serve a different purpose throughout your home.
Blockout Roller Blinds
The first and most popular type of Roller Blind that we make are Blockout Roller Blinds. Our high quality fabrics stop 100% of light, providing complete privacy. We stock a wide range of types and colours that complement any decor. Different fabrics have varying textures and weaves.
Light Filter Roller Blinds
Light filter roller blinds are also known as sunscreen blinds. They provide protection from UV rays thanks to the distinctive fabric used for their manufacture. This fabric allows some light through, providing the room with natural light and allowing you to see the shadows from outdoors through the fabric. For example, if there is a tree near the window, the sunlight will filter through it as will the shadows, giving the room beautiful light and depth. However, although the blinds let sunlight through, they block harmful UV rays. That means you don’t have to worry about sun damage to your furniture, flooring, or walls. They are a popular choice for windows in common areas that are close to neighbors or the street.
Sunscreen Roller Blinds
Sunscreen Roller Blinds are perfect for limiting the sun in rooms with a view. They are made with a see through fabric that blocks up to 95% of the sun’s rays and therefore protects your flooring and furniture from UV rays. These blinds are a popular choice for common areas where a view through the blind is maintained and the sunlight is slightly minimised.
Double Roller Blinds
Double Roller Blinds provide the flexibility of having two different roller blinds with different fabrics on the one bracket. They allow you to reduce glare and UV rays during the day with Sunscreen fabric that can stay down all the time, and then stop the light with Blockout fabric for total privacy at night, which can then be rolled up during the day when natural sunlight is wanted. No matter what the situation, Double Roller Blinds can be the perfect solution to any window privacy and sunlight related issues.
How to Clean Roller Blinds
Cleaning your Roller Blinds regularly will go a long way to helping ensure the longevity of them. Here are a couple pieces of advice to help keep your Roller Blinds looking good and working efficiently.
– When cleaning your Roller Blind a feather duster or microfiber cloth is suggested. Simply clean the Roller Blind fabric on both sides from top to bottom. It is also advised that the Roller Blind components and chain is also regularly cleaned as these are used to control the blind.
– For any tough stains or marks that require more than a light dusting, it is suggested that you lightly dab the spot with a damp cloth. If this does not quite do the job, try a small amount of dishwashing liquid with warm water, however be careful to avoid using harsh chemicals that contain bleach to prevent discoloration to the blind fabric.